Wednesday, February 15, 2012

DIY Candy

Hershey's Reese's Peanut Butter cups ingredients: Milk Chocolate (Milk Chocolate contains Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Chocolate, Nonfat Milk, Milk Fat, Lactose, and Soya Lecithin and PGPR (as Emulsifiers), Peanuts, Sugar, Dextrose, Salt, and TBHQ and Citric Acid (to Preserve Freshness)

Here's the problem, they just taste so damn good. So, I made my own. Here are the ingredients I used:
Chocolate of your choosing, salt, powdered sugar, and peanut butter. There, no weird acronyms needed. Yea, sometimes good chocolate is expensive... but you don't NEED to buy chocolate, so I think it's better to just wait until you can buy the stuff you really want. Or wait for it to be on sale. Or ask for it for a gift.








Now, here's the part where the punks get mad. I made them for Valentine's Day. *dun dun DUUUN* In the past I have refused to do ANYTHING for this and other holidays. I know all the reasons for why religious-based, hyper-consumerist holidays are stupid. But, I like to celebrate things. In the DEAD of winter, it's nice that there's a day set aside to remember that you don't hate your boyfriend, girlfriends, dog, mom, sister-wife, postman, etc. It can be an easy thing to forget when you hate everything until summer.
I didn't get red roses for Valentine's Day, nor did I wear a red teddy to bed. It was just like every other day, except I made peanut butter cups and reminded my fiance that I'm excited to marry him. It turned out to be a pretty good day, even without flowers from Africa, or a pre-fab greeting card.

No comments:

Post a Comment