Monday, January 30, 2012

Pedal to the Metal

If you can drive a car, you can use a sewing machine. A car is a much more complicated piece of machinery, running on the same basic concept of push the pedal and make the motor run.




Yes, that easy.

I decided to make curtains this week, since I had a very revealing conversation regarding how easy it is to see my nude body through the window, and the eye witnesses of my peers who have accidentally seen such a sight. What frightens me are the people I don't know peeping into my window while I'm innocently running from one room to the next in search for my shirt or pants... or underwear.

Here's a how-to for some basic curtains, although this is way fancier than you need to do if you just want to keep the eyes away. BUUUT, once you get comfortable sewing some basic things, maybe you can take up the courage to tailor your own skinny jeans, or better yet, make them from scratch yourself!

I know, broke-ass punks can't afford a sewing machine. But, you're not hunting hard enough! This past summer I saw a WORKING 1970s era Singer at a tag sale for $1!!! And, if a collective of you put money together, I bet you could afford something even that expensive. Happy hunting, and happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment