Monday, January 16, 2012

January Is Still Green

I'm sure it happened, but I never remember EVER having a "White Christmas." As an adult, I've had to re-teach myself when the seasons happen, and Christmas is barely even winter. January is just getting winter started. Here in CT, you can still see ground, and its covered in green. Now, I admit, there is a drastic difference between the green of spring and what is covering the ground outside right now, but on the color wheel, its still green.
The inside of our house is booming with green too. I was starting to go stir crazy without any fresh greens around, when we discovered at our local health food store Two Guys from Woodbridge. It was just the thing I needed. These greenhouse greens are sold with their roots intact, making them super fresh and awesome! When I was done chomping, I realized that I could just replant these happy roots and keep enjoying their splendor! We now have little baby leaves growing-- right in the middle of January! whodathunk!

No comments:

Post a Comment