Friday, April 26, 2013

Spring Things

Most people haven't even started their gardens yet, but I just harvested 2 lbs of kale, and 3/4 lbs of leeks that both overwintered without protection. 






It's been really dry, and I'm starting to worry that this year will be like last year.   We also had a frost this morning, so that's still happening.  I planted some Scarlet Runner beans a few days ago, and fava beans about a week ago.  Neither are up yet.  Lupines are coming up, and I think the Jerusalem Artichokes are coming up now.  Beebalm is up, as well as some lilies.  Mints are going crazy.  Onion sets that I put in this past weekend are sprouting.  Radishes are up, and carrots are just starting to germinate.  Peas are coming up, too.  Garlic is already about a foot high.  Tomorrow, I hope to plant the first early potatoes.  Asparagus tips just started poking out a few days ago. 

I'm sure there are more things happening, but that's what's on my mind at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment