Sunday, April 7, 2013

Preparations

I finally got around to emptying one of the compost bins yesterday, and 7 wheelbarrows-ful later, I had prepared one of the garden beds with some wonderful fluffy black compost.  I also started preparing a second bed before I ran out of time to work yesterday. 

It's going to be in the 40s at night all this week, so I really need to get a move on.  I transplanted some seedlings last week, but they succumbed to the icy grip of night.  I will try again this week with another round.  I will also start putting my onion seedlings and last year's sets into the ground when I get a chance. 

Last year's leeks and perennial onions are starting to take off again with green growth pushing out.  I also saw a woodchuck inside the garden a few days ago.  Just when I thought spring was still a way off yet, I got some surprises.  We'll see what this week has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment