Monday, January 20, 2014

2013 egg chart




Here is our 2013 egg chart! We seemed to stop keeping as good of track once I was writing my thesis, so the chart cuts off in early October, but this is pretty good! On average, Will & I use between 2-4 eggs a day normally (depending on how many we have!) so, this amount of chickens seems to work out well for us!


Here is the 10-day average chart (every ten days, I made an average of those days). Here you can really see how much the dummies added to our egg production! 

We got the dummies (6 Rhode Island Reds) in mid-April and they started laying in the end of August! That's pretty good, considering that the Wyandottes didn't start laying until about Christmas of their first year.  However, the temperament of the Wyandottes is outrageously better than the Reds. I still don't really understand why they are so popular. I don't plan on going out of my way for more Reds in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment