Sunday, April 8, 2012

Pictures and Things

Naomi and I just got back from a walk along the river to get more fiddleheads, and came back with a basketful. We picked some more daffodils for my mom, along with a branch with apple blossoms on it, and some unfurled ferns for a bouquet for her.

Down the river a ways, we found a seemingly endless stand of ostrich ferns in their prime. We picked until we didn't want to pick anymore, without even making a dent. I made a comment about it looking like Jurassic Park.



Sometime in the late summer or fall, I don't remember which, I had been exploring along the river, and I had seen what seemed like endless ramp seed stalks sticking out of the ground on the river bank, and I've wanted to go back out and see if they were growing. Sure enough, we encountered RAMP LAND- where ramps are king! I'm getting really impatient waiting for the bulbs to swell.


Below are some pictures of the garden, including the rows of onions, the garlic doing its thing, a pea shoot amongst the weeds, the open hoophouse (that's 100 degrees inside), Naomi with the basket of goodies, and the calf.







No comments:

Post a Comment